Thursday, March 14, 2013

Country Flavor

I am blessed to have a few very talented chefs in my family.  My uncle is a professional, while my aunt and cousin or self taught.  All of them are amazing in the kitchen (and out).  I have been able to watch them create amazing dishes, and probably indulged on way too many.

I in no way have their skills, but there are times when I stumble upon a gem of a recipe.  This one is inspired by my aunt's chili she made for me a couple of months ago.  Thank you Aunt Pam!

Crock-pot Venison Chili

We have an over abundance of venison in our freezers thanks to the prowess of my husband.  This was the reason why I made it in the first place; and to my surprise, the pot was scraped clean.  If it can pass the husband test, I think it's worth posting. 

1 lb Venison stew meat (frozen)
1 packet McCormick's Chicken chili seasoning packet
1 cup water
1 can cannelini beans
1 can diced tomatoes (with juice)
2 cloves garlic

Place meat in crock-pot and sprinkle seasoning over meat.  Pour water, tomatoes, beans, and garlic on top.  Stir ingredients to mix with seasoning.  Cook on high 2-3 hours or until meat is done (no more than 4 hours).

Enjoy!