Thursday, January 3, 2013

2013

I always get a little sad when December turns into January.  I love seeing the Christmas lights around town, and the feel of the holiday season.  I don't think it lasts quite long enough.  But, I do love that with the New Year comes new beginnings.  I do not know what 2013 will bring us, but I'm ready.

As many of us do, the Guillory family sets goals at the start of a new year.  A friend of mine said we should set goals, and make steps to lead up to completing that goal.  That way you can "track" your progress, and are more likely to finish what you started.  I think that is a great idea.

For Trevor, this is the year of doing.  No longer procrastinating what could be done today.  For me, I would like to be nicer, happier, and in good shape.  I can't have fun with my kids if I can't keep up with them.

So, we started our new year on the right foot.  Trevor and I went hunting!  In the 12 years that we have been married, I've only been one other time.  It wasn't that fun, and he didn't get a deer.  This year, however, we had a good time.  We sat in a small deer blind, in the cold, for two hours, whispering to each other.  At dusk, the view from the blind was quite beautiful.  




And that's when we saw deer!  I didn't realize what a mac daddy my husband was, but he's an excellent shot.  Once he had a good sight on her, he was able to take her down with one clean hit.  Then we waited. After about 15 min it seemed like we wouldn't get another chance, so I started taking pictures.



The cute hunting couple in the deer blind


Trevor pretending to aim his gun.  
Actually, his "pretending" ended up being something else.  As I was taking the picture, Trevor said "Holy crap, there's a deer in my sight!"  In a split second Trevor took aim and shot.  


 Two shots, two kills.  

The last kill weighed over 100 lbs.  She was the biggest one the ranch owner had seen on his land!  It was an awesome hunt.  Great job babe!  Here's to 2013.

(I'll spare you the cleaning pics!)

1 comment:

Guillory Blog said...

Thanks babe! I couldn't have done it without the good luck kiss. :) I did not find the second one, you tracked it down. Maybe in the spring we can go together to shoot some turkeys!

BTW, my goal for the year is to finally bench 300 lbs. I am only benching 185 right now, but it has been climbing drastically in the last four weeks, and I am gonna try 205 tomorrow. Wish me luck.