Sunday, February 26, 2012

All things in between

It's been forever since I last used the blog. Chalk that up to having four kids under 4. So many things have happened over the last year, but most of you already know all of them.

Today I wanted to post just because. Because I've been feeling sentimental about my life, and what has become. I am so grateful for all our blessings. To finally be at a point in our lives where things aren't so complicated. Where I can think about me for a little while, and not feel guilty.

I truly love Texas. I love the people, the area, the activities (not that I've done a whole lot yet), my home, our church, everything. I remember coming here to look for house with Trevor and having that feeling of home. I didn't want to leave; I wanted to send for the kids and just stay... even with the 100+ degree weather they were having.

When we found our home, I knew it at once. It was exactly what I wanted, and thankfully within our budget. We have parks, a pool, and an excellent elementary school within walking distance. I even joined a gym, for my sanity and for the kids. I love it... it's my time to take care of me.

Now I'm not bragging about our new found joy. The last 3 1/2 years were a huge struggle for us. Many days I didn't think I could make it through another. Putting Trevor through school, having 3 more kids within 18 months of each other, and working full time an hour away from home. Seriously, a trial I hated. But we chose it. We chose to send Trevor back to school knowing it would be worth it. But sometimes it is so hard to see the worth through the pain.

I would like to say we handled it with grace... not so much. Trevor and I were holding on to threads by the time it was over. That's why I spent my entire bonus on a trip to Maui... because we needed it. And it was worth it.

Now we are here enjoying the fruits of our labor. I'm so grateful for all of it. I'm thankful we had the gospel to help us through it, and the wonderful people in the Marysville ward who cared for our entire family. We are blessed beyond measure.

No comments: